Do you like to eat cookies for breakfast? Make these simple and delicious chocolate covered shortbread cookies. Serve with lattes!
Have fun making these cookies with your kids! Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, let cool and dip half of each of the cookies in a delicious cream made from dark chocolate and milk. Let the chocolate harden completely and serve.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
Here you will find all the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
● Egg and butter – Makes cookies softer and chewier.
● Lemon zest – Adds a very nice fresh flavor.
● Self rising flour – Gives consistency and forms the base of the dough.
● Granulated sugar – Sweetness and flavor.
● A pinch of salt – Highlights all other flavors.
● Dark chocolate and milk – For the chocolate cream.
Below is the correct measurement of all the ingredients and the step-by-step guide for this recipe.
5nd step : Turn off the heat and let the cookies cool.
Step 6: Put the chocolate broken into small pieces in a small bowl. Heat the milk in the microwave and pour it hot over the chocolate. Wait 2 to 3 minutes and stir with a fork until you get a creamy mixture.
7nd step : Dip half the cookie in chocolate and transfer to parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden completely before transferring it to a plate.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
1. Place the oven rack in the middle. This allows the hot air to circulate evenly around the cookies, resulting in even baking.
2. When placing the cookies on the parchment paper, leave some distance between them so they don't stick together when they start cooking.
3. Never open the oven door while cookies are baking. The temperature of the kitchen is always lower than the temperature of the oven, what will happen is that the temperature of the oven will drop and the risk of the cookies leaking increases.
4. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Do not fully open the oven door, leave the door open about 10 to 15 centimeters (4 inches to 6 inches) and wait another 5 or 10 minutes for the heat to penetrate the kitchen and there is no temperature shock.