Chocolate cookies are always a great choice during a festive season like Christmas. Make these delicious and simple chocolate cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar!
These chocolate Christmas cookies are simple to make and quite tasty! Make the dough with the usual ingredients and season with a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin, cut the dough using cookie cutters and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool down. To give a special touch to the cookies, garnish with powdered sugar!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
Here you will find all the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
● Egg and butter – Makes cookies softer and tastier.
● All purpose flour and chocolate powder – Gives consistency and forms the base of the dough.
● Granulated sugar and vanilla extract – Sweetness and flavor.
● A pinch of salt – Highlights all other flavors.
● Granulated sugar - For garnish.
Below is the correct measurement of all the ingredients and the step-by-step guide for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE COOKIES:
Step 1: Mix the sugar and the melted butter until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add the flour, the chocolate powder, a pinch of salt and incorporate with a spatula until a compact mixture is obtained.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350ºF).
Step 3: Place the dough on a table dusted with flour. Knead with your hands until the dough no longer sticks to the table. Place the dough in the center of the table and roll out with a rolling pin. Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
1. Place the oven rack in the middle. This allows the hot air to circulate evenly around the cookies, resulting in even baking.
2. When placing the cookies on the parchment paper, leave some distance between them so they don't stick together when they start cooking.
3. Never open the oven door while cookies are baking. The temperature of the kitchen is always lower than the temperature of the oven, what will happen is that the temperature of the oven will drop and the risk of the cookies leaking increases.
4. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Do not fully open the oven door, leave the door open about 10 to 15 centimeters (4 inches to 6 inches) and wait another 5 or 10 minutes for the heat to penetrate the kitchen and there is no temperature shock.